Sunday, February 1, 2015

weight loss journey

It's been a long time since I've posted on here.  A lot has happened, good and bad. But that's not why I'm posting. I wanna talk about the journey my husband and I are on to change our lifestyle. To be in better shape and be healthier for our kids. In January Kenny and I decided that we were going to have a weight loss challenge.  He's obviously winning because thanks to the Big Man upstairs men are built to lose weight faster. I've been working on not feeling resentful. Lol. But truthfully,  since we've made this change I feel better. My body feels better. I have more energy and I'm starting to feel confident in myself again. Recently all I have been doing is changing the way I eat. I don't work out. I don't like to and quite frankly I don't want to. Just by changing my diet alone I have lost 14.4lbs. Kenny has lost 20lbs. Just by changing what I'm eating and being conscious of how much of something I'm putting in my body.  You really don't realize it until you start tracking.
Last night I had my brother and SIL over for dinner and she said something that stuck with me, "if you don't work out you're not going to reach your goal." Then we started talking about sagging skin and me having no boobs. Lol. But the work out thing really started to bug me. Not because she said it but because I started to think it might be true. I honestly don't care if I have saggy skin or no boobs. But I do want to be healthy. For my kids. They deserve to have us around for a long time and they also deserve a good role model.of fitness.
So this morning I woke up 4:35am and decided to go for a run. I ran .19 of a mile. I only burned 230 calories. And I was slow.  That run kicked my ass. Kicked my ass so hard that when I got home I threw up. But the entire time I was running. I didn't walk and tried not to slow my pace. I'm completely out of shape. I was wheezing, my legs were burning and I felt like I was going to vomit. Guess I saw it coming.... lol. But the entire time I thought about my girls. What kind of role model I want to be for them. I don't want to be the fat mom or aunt. I just want to be. I want the girls that are in my life to feel confident and beautiful. I've been facing the struggle too long of not feeling those things. I'm on a mission. For the women in my life and for myself.
I'm not committing to continuing to run. But I am going to try. I'm going to put forth effort. It's not an easy win and I'm still struggling with my body and how I look but I feel good that I'm trying..
-S

2 comments:

  1. Great job . Look forward to reading your blog. I'm on the same journey. Time to be healthy and cofident! !!

    ReplyDelete